Location: Barcelona, Spain
At Supernova, we’re not just innovators; we’re game-changers. We aim to produce end-use parts at scale and cost by developing a complete industrial solution to unlock the power and benefits of Additive Manufacturing. We are 100% customer-centered and aware that the value we are bringing is the ability to produce fully functional parts. We work with the conviction that excellence in science and engineering is the cornerstone of transformative change. In our relentless pursuit of excellence, we adopt a champion’s mindset, we take controlled risks, and we are constantly on offense to get things done.
We are looking for a proactive and skilled engineer who can drive projects forward, materializing complex electronic designs into functional and efficient components of our 3D printing ecosystem. As a Senior Electronics Engineer at Supernova, you’ll play a pivotal role in defining the architecture and integration of electronic systems in our advanced 3D printing solutions. Your primary focus will be on leading the design, testing, iteration and integration of the complete electronics platform of our industrial ecosystem, ensuring seamless integration with our mechanical and software systems, as well as post-processing devices. You will collaborate closely with:
- Subcontractors on the detail-design and manufacturing of the platform.
- Mechanical engineering team, especially on workbenches implementation and prototypes testing.
- Software engineering team for embedded architectural definition and low-level firmware optimization.
Another key aspect of your role will involve the selection and integration of off-the-shelf sensors, balancing innovation with practicality to achieve optimal system performance.
- Define and implement the electronic architecture for our advanced 3D printing systems, ensuring optimal integration and functionality.
- Lead and manage outsourcing projects for the detailed design and manufacturing of electronic hardware components.
- Collaborate closely with the mechanical engineering teammates to make prototypes and workbenches fully functional.
- Partner with the software engineering team to define and integrate the embedded system architecture.
- Expertly select off-the-shelf sensors and electronic components, optimizing for system performance and reliability.
- Oversee the full lifecycle of electronic system development from conceptualization to production, ensuring adherence to quality standards.
- Contribute innovative ideas and solutions in a dynamic R&D environment, actively participating in cross-functional project execution.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in electronics design and system integration.
- Experience in managing outsourcing projects for hardware design and manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge of sensor technology
- Experience with embedded and/or firmware systems will be a plus.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Effective communication skills and fluency in English.
Why Join Supernova:
- Innovate at the Forefront: You’ll be driving innovation in 3D printing, shaping the future of the next generation of AM industrial solutions.
- Creative & Analytical Synergy: Thrive in an environment where creative problem-solving meets analytical rigor, making a real impact in our pioneering projects.
- Growth & Learning: Enjoy continuous professional development at the edge where engineering, science and man manufacturing meet.
- Competitive Rewards: Benefit from a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and an inspiring workplace that values your expertise and well-being.
Are you ready to join a team where your contributions make a monumental impact? Send your resume, cover letter, and examples of past projects to firstname.lastname@example.org