Location: Barcelona, Spain
At Supernova, we’re not just innovators; we’re game-changers. We aim to produce end-use parts at scale and cost by developing a complete industrial solution to unlock the power and benefits of Additive Manufacturing. We are 100% customer-centered and aware that the value we are bringing is the ability to produce fully functional parts. We work with the conviction that excellence in science and engineering is the cornerstone of transformative change. In our relentless pursuit of excellence, we adopt a champion’s mindset, we take controlled risks, and we are constantly on offense to get things done.
As a Senior Firmware Engineer at Supernova, you will focus on developing low-level MCU firmware crucial to our 3D printing technology. Your role will involve collaborating on software architecture definition and creating firmware from scratch, perfecting routines, interfaces, and data collection processes. You’ll play a key role in enhancing our reat time communications and data collection systems, contributing to the robustness and efficiency of our additive manufacturing solutions. We are seeking a firmware expert who combines technical expertise with a passion for innovation, embodying our principle of constantly pushing the boundaries in science and engineering.
- Develop and implement low-level MCU firmware for industrial AM ecosystem.
- Collaborate on defining the software architecture to ensure seamless integration with hardware.
- Implement sensor data gathering and strategies to relay this information to the CPU components.
- Define and implement the internal shared memory interface protocols between CPU and MCU.
- Collaborate with the Print Process Engineers on the definition and implementation of printing routines to reduce printing times.
- Support the Engineering teammates on the development of process workbenches and prototypes
- Uphold Supernova’s standards of excellence and innovation in all firmware development tasks.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing firmware for different microcontroller architectures (e.g., ARM Cortex, AVR, PIC).
- In-depth knowledge of C/C++ programming languages for MCU systems.
- Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS).
- Familiarity with various communication protocols (e.g., SPI, I2C, UART, CAN).
- Understanding of electronics and ability to work closely with hardware teams.
- Proficiency in debugging and hardware-software integration.
- Knowledge of version control systems, such as Git.
- Experience with unit testing and automated testing frameworks for embedded systems.
- Familiarity with continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) practices for firmware development.
- Ability to document firmware design and development processes clearly.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Fluency in English, with effective communication skills.
Why Join Supernova:
- Innovate at the Forefront: You’ll be driving innovation in 3D printing, shaping the future of the next generation of AM industrial solutions.
- Creative & Analytical Synergy: Thrive in an environment where creative problem-solving meets analytical rigor, making a real impact in our pioneering projects.
- Growth & Learning: Enjoy continuous professional development at the edge where engineering, science and man manufacturing meet.
- Competitive Rewards: Benefit from a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and an inspiring workplace that values your expertise and well-being.
Are you ready to join a team where your contributions make a monumental impact? Send your resume, cover letter, and examples of past projects to firstname.lastname@example.org