Location: Barcelona, Spain
At Supernova, we’re not just innovators; we’re game-changers. We aim to produce end-use parts at scale and cost by developing a complete industrial solution to unlock the power and benefits of Additive Manufacturing. We are 100% customer-centered and aware that the value we are bringing is the ability to produce fully functional parts. We work with the conviction that excellence in science and engineering is the cornerstone of transformative change. In our relentless pursuit of excellence, we adopt a champion’s mindset, we take controlled risks, and we are constantly on offense to get things done.
As a Senior System Mechanical Engineer at Supernova, you will be at the heart of our hardware innovation, focusing on the design and manufacturing of our advanced 3D printing systems. Your role involves leading the design and integration of hardware subsystems, bringing your expertise in CAD, mechanism design, package integration, component fabrication, and assembly processes. This position demands a unique combination of mechanical excellence and intuitive design skills. You will be hands-on and meticulous, responsible for overseeing the transition from conceptual design to serialized production of our cutting-edge ecosystem. Your leadership will be instrumental in realizing complex designs and turning them into manufacturable and functional products. We’re looking for a proactive engineer who embodies our ‘get things done’ ethos and has the talent to materialize concepts into tangible innovations.
- Lead the mechanical subsystems design.
- Lead the multiple mechatronics subsystems integration.
- Define prototyping strategies and testing protocols.
- Ensure manufacturability of designs and leading industrialization of prototypes.
- Engage in hands-on R&D for characterizing complex industrial printing processes.
- Participate in the IP generation of complex AM processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (from Software to Materials), ensuring a ‘we’re all in the same boat’ approach to project execution.
- Embrace a ‘Champion’s mindset’ to explore innovative ideas, taking controlled risks and seeking opportunities for growth.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in mechanical design, with a focus on design for manufacturability.
- Solid experience in machine design for serialized production.
- Strong hands-on experience with a thoughtful and analytical approach to problem-solving.
- Ability and autonomy to assemble prototypes and to use manual tools
- Ability in CAD and Simulation tools.
- Proven record of accomplishment of taking part in complex engineering projects.
- Effective communication skills and fluency in English
Why Join Supernova:
- Innovate at the Forefront: You’ll be driving innovation in 3D printing, shaping the future of the next generation of AM industrial solutions.
- Creative & Analytical Synergy: Thrive in an environment where creative problem-solving meets analytical rigor, making a real impact in our pioneering projects.
- Growth & Learning: Enjoy continuous professional development at the edge where engineering, science and man manufacturing meet.
- Competitive Rewards: Benefit from a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and an inspiring workplace that values your expertise and well-being.
Are you ready to join a team where your contributions make a monumental impact? Send your resume, cover letter, and examples of past projects to firstname.lastname@example.org