Location: Barcelona, Spain
At Supernova, we’re not just innovators; we’re game-changers. We aim to produce end-use parts at scale and cost by developing a complete industrial solution to unlock the power and benefits of Additive Manufacturing. We are 100% customer-centered and aware that the value we are bringing is the ability to produce fully functional parts. We work with the conviction that excellence in science and engineering is the cornerstone of transformative change. In our relentless pursuit of excellence, we adopt a champion’s mindset, we take controlled risks, and we are constantly on offense to get things done.
Supernova invites an experienced Head of Materials to lead our innovative materials team. In this strategic role, you will oversee the development and optimization of materials for our Viscous Lithography Manufacturing (VLM) ecosystem. Your leadership will be pivotal in harnessing the potential of VLM technology, focusing on creating advanced materials that surpass traditional resin limitations. You’ll be at the forefront of exploring new formulation strategies, leveraging the unique advantages of VLM technology for a broader range of ingredients and applications.
As the Head of Materials, you’ll guide your team through the intricacies of material science, from initial formulation to thorough testing and final product validation. You will be the bridge between scientific innovation and practical application, ensuring our materials meet the rigorous demands of various industries. Your role involves closely collaborating with R&D, production, and external partners, synchronizing efforts to align with Supernova’s strategic objectives.
Your vision and expertise will drive the evolution of Supernova’s materials portfolio, ensuring it not only aligns with market trends but also sets new standards in the additive manufacturing industry. You will establish state-of-the-art lab facilities, implement robust health and safety protocols, and ensure the highest quality standards are maintained. Additionally, your responsibility extends to scaling up production processes, ensuring our innovative materials are produced efficiently and sustainably, ready for commercialization.
- Strategic Material Portfolio Development: Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for the resin portfolio, ensuring it leverages VLM technology and aligns with market needs and trends.
- Long-term R&D vision: Define an ambitious development roadmap, exploring beyond acrylates to take the best advantage of high viscosity materials to meet industrial standards.
- Team Leadership and Growth: Manage and mentor a growing team of scientists, engineers, and technicians, fostering a culture of innovation and collaboration within the Materials team.
- Comprehensive Material Testing: Establish rigorous testing protocols for material properties, including mechanical, thermal, and longevity assessments, ensuring products meet high-performance standards.
- Partnership and Collaboration Management: Build and maintain robust partnerships with external chemical partners, facilitating technical cooperation and product validation.
- Internal Formulation Activities: Lead in-house material formulation efforts, integrating scientific knowledge with practical applications for enhanced product performance.
- Interdepartmental Collaboration: Work closely with hardware and software engineering teams to optimize materials for printing performance and overall system efficiency. Also, collaborate with the process team to define optimal printing parameters and post-processing recipes.
- Quality and Safety Protocols: Establish and maintain high standards in lab operations, including health and safety protocols, working methodologies, and quality assurance processes.
- Scale-up Strategy for Material Production: Design and implement strategies for scaling up material production, ensuring efficiency and sustainability in manufacturing processes.
- Market Representation: Act as a key representative of Supernova’s VLM materials strategy in professional settings such as webinars, trade shows, and corporate visits.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical/Materials Engineering, or a related field.
- Significant experience in formulating UV-curing products for industrial applications
- Experience with a wide range of chemistries: acrylates, epoxies, polyurethanes,…
- Proven skills in material formulation and the ability to design and conduct rigorous experiments.
- Familiarity with laboratory equipment and setting up lab facilities, including health and safety protocols.
- Expertise in material characterization techniques and equipment.
- Ability to define and implement long-term material strategies that align with company goals and market needs.
- A passion for testing and troubleshooting, unafraid of extensive experimentation.
- Strong analytical background with a methodical and patient approach to problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team of engineers, scientists, and technicians.
- Strong capability to build relationships and collaborate with internal teams and external partners.
- Well-organized and capable of managing complex projects with a strong eye for detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, capable of conveying complex ideas and strategies effectively.
Why Join Supernova:
- Innovate at the Forefront: You’ll be driving innovation in 3D printing, shaping the future of the next generation of AM industrial solutions.
- Creative & Analytical Synergy: Thrive in an environment where creative problem-solving meets analytical rigor, making a real impact in our pioneering projects.
- Growth & Learning: Enjoy continuous professional development at the edge where engineering, science and man manufacturing meet.
- Competitive Rewards: Benefit from a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and an inspiring workplace that values your expertise and well-being.
Are you ready to join a team where your contributions make a monumental impact? Send your resume, cover letter, and examples of past projects to email@example.com